Outpatient clinic fees:
All fees are payable on the day of assessment or therapy. HICAPS is available for on the spot Private health insurance rebates. EFTPOS facilities are also available. Families may choose to pay for clinic fees in there entirety however the following options for rebates are available:
- Private health insurance extras cover (if your cover includes Speech Pathology, Occupational Therapy or Dietetics).
- A Chronic Disease Management plan (formally Enhanced Primary Care Plan) which is completed by your GP prior to your appointment. The care plan can be made out to either Dietetics, Speech Pathology or Occupational Therapy (depending on which therapist you are working with) and entitles the child to 5 rebates per calendar year to the value of $52.95/session. The family is required to cover the gap payment. Families are unable to use both Medicare and Private Health rebates in the one consult.
- Mental Health Care plan for access to our Infant Mental Health worker. This plan must be completed by your GP/Paediatrician/Psychiatrist prior to your first appointment and entitles the recipient to 6 rebates per year initially (with the option to extend) to the value of $74.80/session. The family is required to cover the gap payment.
- Medicare rebates for children with an Autism Spectrum Disorder referred by their Paediatrician for therapy under the Item No.82020 (for Speech Pathology) or Item No.82025 (for Occupational Therapy). This entitlement is for 20 allied health sessions (non renewable) to be used before your child turns 16.
- Better Start Early Intervention Services for Children with a Disability funding. As per the FAHCSIA guidelines eligible children are able to use their funding to cover part/all of the assessment/therapy sessions. Please bring your child’s confirmation letter to the intial assessment so that funding may be utilised.
- Helping Children with Autism funding. As per the FAHCSIA guidelines eligible children are able to use their funding to cover part/all of the assessment/therapy sessions. Please bring your child’s confirmation letter to the intial assessment so that funding may be utilised.
- NDIS / Disability Care Australia funding. Lively Eaters is a recognised provider under the National Disability Insurance Scheme – Disability Care Australia. Please speak with your child’s Planner should you wish to utilise Lively Eaters services under this funding.
Intensive Feeding Programs (Inpatient service):
Tube weaning or ‘Fussy Feeders’ Intensives (if deemed appropriate by Lively Eaters therapists)
The intensive hospital based programs are partly covered by Private Health Insurance Hospital cover with an additional Program Fee payable (please contact our clinic for further details regarding this). Dependent children must be covered under the family cover for this to be applicable. The parent/carer is covered to stay with the child for the duration.
Families who do not have private health insurance (hospital cover) are encouraged to contact the clinic directly to enquire about a quote for the intensive programs. The cost of our program is considerably less than international programs and we are flexible in how and where this may be carried out in order to assist families financially.
Intensive Feeding Programs (Home/Apartment based):
Lively Eaters therapists successfully work with families within the home or apartments (for interstate families) to modify, adapt and improve feeding behaviours, mealtime enjoyment and acceptance of different foods.
An individual quote will be prepared for your specific circumstances following an initial assessment, should this be the most appropriate way of assisting your family.